Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Saving Home


This blog is written as a tool (or example for you to write your own) to use to help our home. Please copy, paste and repost on your blog and into emails to your friends and family to help save Zoar and create jobs in Ohio.

***************
My name is Jamie and I love Ohio, my grandma and a little historic village named Zoar. Grandma Jeanne raised me to build community by volunteering. We even made apple butter and spun wool together in the village garden. Right now her house is flooded-the whole town is and a few other towns too.

Please help me to raise $250,000 to save jobs and historic buildings in my hometown. It is a beautiful place that looks like a Norman Rockwell painting. Unfortunately the walls are cracking and the flooded buildings are caving.
http://www. timesreporter. com/opinion/x1670185857

Beyond the first greenhouse in Ohio, amazing architecture and the history of co-ops (like REI and credit unions) in Zoar, these buildings have significant impact on Ohio tourism. Ohio needs every job and the HOPE of future jobs. Tourism funds jobs that can't be outsourced to another country, continent or planet.


When I visited villages in Africa, I saw first hand jobs created, when tourism brings outside dollars in and how it empowers communities. If you have even one friend living in Ohio, please send $1 to help this town.


Even though I'm a single mom, I am sending $100 to the Zoar Society. Please join me. For every $100 that is sent, I'll work hard to find $100 to match it.

Help Now:

1.) For matching funds, email me your pledge: jamiejchase@mac.com

2.) Mail your check to:
Zoar Village
198 Main Street
P.O. Box 404
Zoar, OH 44697

3.) Please also send an email to Ohio Senator Ron Amstutz
SD22@mailr.sen.state.oh.us
Ask him to join you in saving Zoar and to sponsor legislation that creates jobs by funding tourism promotions and historic preservation. Funding this is a strategic investment whose returns are seen from West Virginia to Nevada.

Thank you already for helping me to repay the lessons that my grandmother taught me. Not only do we build our community, but together we keep it strong.

With Hometown Love,

Jamie Chase (Graef)
www.jamiechase.blogspot.com





No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites